I would like to dedicate the month of February to prayer for the upcoming Spring Revival. Revival is a fresh awakening and new beginning. Revival is a return to the Lord in every area of life. Revival is reconciliation and restitution. Evangelist Don Graham will be the revival preacher March 4-7.
Steps Toward Revival
- Resist conviction no longer. Rev. 3:19. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
- Refuse substitutes for genuine sorrow. Heb. 12:17. For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.
- Return to first love. Jer. 3:14. Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion.
- Remove idols of the heart. 1 Sam. 7:3. And Samuel spake unto all the house of Israel, saying, If ye do return unto the LORD with all your hearts, [then] put away the strange gods and Ashtaroth from among you, and prepare your hearts unto the LORD, and serve him only: and he will deliver you out of the hand of the Philistines.
- Renew obedient service to God. Rev. 2:5. Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.
- Restore broken relationships. Mal. 4:6. And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.
- Receive grace and forgiveness from God. Hos. 6:1. Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
I look forward to a great day on Sunday!